Wedding is the ceremony in which two people are united in marriage.
Wedding is considered as one of the most important and beautiful period of one's life. Wedding dresses vary with culture and places but in this article, I'm going to discuss only about the wedding gowns worn in western societies and I will specially focus on wedding gowns worn by different celebrities. Hope you all will enjoy reading it!!!
Wedding day is very special day of life of bride and groom. This day they take oath to care, love each other. At this day, brides and grooms wear most expensive wear of their lives.
Wedding is an auspicious occasion when every bride has a desire to be looked stunning and gorgeous, as it is the most important day in her life. So, all the outfits of the bridal wear should be properly selected.
The classic and traditional color is western wedding dress is white, which was previously the symbol of purity and virginity. Western wedding dresses are usually white or ivory, and follow a pattern for popular silhouettes, necklines, and gown lengths
Wedding dresses worn by different celebrities:-
1. Prince William and Kate Middleton were married at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011. The Royal Wedding was attended by 1,900 guests including government, clergy, royalty and celebrities. Kate Middleton's wedding dress was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The wedding gown was made of French Chantilly lace and English Cluny lace throughout the bodice, skirt and underskirt. The wedding gown was designed to emulate an opening flower, the dress had a nine-foot train.
2. Kim Kardashian wore three different Vera Wang gowns for her Montecito wedding to Kris Humphries. Her ceremony (wedding) dress was an ivory ball gown with a full tulle skirt, basque waist, and hand pieced Chantilly lace applique on the bodice and train.
3. Shania Twain married Frederic Thiebauld in a beach wedding ceremony in Puerto Rico on New Year's Day. 45-year-old singer bought her wedding dress at a small boutique in Lausanne, Switzerland, which she paired with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and Calvin Klein shoes.
4. Hilary Duff wore a strapless Vera Wang mermaid-style wedding dress at her Montecito wedding to Mike Comrie. The blush-colored silk tulle and organza dress was adorned with giant blossoms.
5. Nicole Richie wore a long-sleeved high-necked lace Marchesa wedding dress inspired by Grace Kelly. The wedding gown featured a ball-gown skirt crafted from more than 100 yards of hand-draped silk organza and tulle petals.
6. Molly Sims wore Marchesa’s “Isadora” wedding gown for her Napa wedding to producer Scott Stuber. The drop-waist lace sheath wedding gown, from the Spring 2012 collection, has a flare lace skirt and appliquéd cascade sleeves. There are buttons up the back and a sheer lace-trimmed overlay at the neckline.
7. John Galliano designed an ethereal vintage-inspired wedding dress for supermodel Kate Moss. The sheer slip wedding dress was made of bias-cut silk and embroidered with gold sequins and beading.